Learn the Ancestral Art of Storytelling
This course is for teachers, educators, librarians, parents, or anyone else who feels the call to tell stories in a confident way.
Throughout the course I will be sharing pearls of wisdom from my 17 years of telling stories professionally and training people in the art of storytelling.
The course is planned to take place over a 3 week period. The material can be accessed at any time. Once a week there will be a virtual session via Zoom which will be recorded and uploaded onto the platform.
You will learn
- How to use the basic tools of narration to tell stories confidently.
- To focus on your verbal communication: voice, volume, tone and pauses.
- How to learn how to tell a story and adapt your story for different situations.
- How to draw a storyboard.
- How to lay out the story landscape.
- How to engage the listeners and activate the different senses.
- The importance of non verbal communication: body and facial expression.
- The importance of eye contact and pauses.
- How to connect with a story.
- A selection of stories from different cultures.
- Techniques to remember and tell stories.
- Narrative tools: voice, character, body language and gestures.
- Eye contact.
- Story creation.
I’m a Professional Storyteller and I train people in the ancestral art of storytelling. I work with story medicine in private practice and as a group facilitator in unique workshops, weaving storytelling with my training in Art Therapy, Gestalt therapy, Psychodrama and Embodied Dance and Movement therapies. I also offer these online.
I have a degree in Biological Sciences and am part of the global network of Earth Storytellers. The rhythms of nature are very present in my work as I celebrate the Celtic wheel of the year and the lunar cycles. My creativity is inspired in the dawn of civilization, when we gathered around the fire to listen to myths of creation to connect us with our inner selves, our clan and the universe.
I am presently undergoing training in the ways of the Druids with OBOD (the Order of the Bards, Ovates & Druids). I am also training to be a funeral celebrant with River Jones in the school of Celebrancy
I am the founder of Story Arte, a centre for Art Therapy and Storytelling in the village where I live, in the foothills near Madrid.
Please visit my website for further information: www.storyarte.com