Dancing with Death Dancing with Life: Storytelling, Creativity and Rituals to talk about Death and connect with Life
In this course we are going to explore the theme of death through stories, art therapy and rituals.
It is for anyone who feels the call to be able to talk about death in a natural way. It would be of special interest to storytellers, counsellors, therapists and other people in the caring profession, in education or in any other related walk of life.
Throughout the course I will be sharing pearls of wisdom from my 18 years of telling stories professionally and working with art therapy and psychodrama in a variety of situations.
The course is planned to take place over a 7-week period. Once a week there will be a virtual 'live' session via Zoom which will be recorded and uploaded onto the platform and it will be available for viewing for one month. You will have unlimited access to the rest of the material.
You will explore
- Different cultural attitudes to death
- A selection of stories from different cultures connected with death.
- How to prepare a story for telling
- How to prepare a life story of a person
- How to keep the memory of someone alive
- The Tree of Memories
- How to prepare a goodbye ritual and an altar
- End of Life Planning
- Discussion of what there is after death
- Womb survivers
- Wisdom stories
- Life storytelling
- The Art of Swedish death cleansing
- Art therapy
- Visualisation exercises
- Creation of a legacy box or legacy doll
- Creation of a memory tree
- Goodbye, releasing ritual
- The next course starts on Wednesday the 26th October 2022.
- There are 7 'live' sessions via Zoom on the following dates: Wednesday 26th October, 2nd, 9h, 16th, 23rd, 30th November and the 7th December.
- Time: 16- 18 (CET) 15-17 UK time
- The live Zoom sessions will be recorded and will be available on the platform after the session.
- Supplementary material, including recordings of the stories will be posted on the platform and you will have unlimited access to this.
I’m a professional storyteller and I train people in the ancestral art of storytelling. I work with story medicine in private practice and as a group facilitator in unique workshops, weaving storytelling with my training in Art Therapy, Gestalt therapy, Psychodrama and Embodied Dance and Movement therapies. I also offer these online.
I have a degree in Biological Sciences and am part of the global network of Earth Storytellers. The rhythms of nature are very present in my work as I celebrate the Celtic wheel of the year and the lunar cycles. My creativity is inspired in the dawn of civilization, when we gathered around the fire to listen to myths of creation to connect us with our inner selves, our clan and the universe.
I am presently undergoing training in the ways of the Druids with OBOD (the Order of the Bards, Ovates & Druids). I am also training to be a funeral celebrant with River Jones in the School of Celebrancy
I am the founder of Story Arte, a centre for Art Therapy and Storytelling in the village where I live, in the foothills near Madrid.
Please visit my website for further information: www.storyarte.com