Dancing with Death
This course is for storytellers, counsellors, therapists and other people in the caring profession, in education or in any other walk of life who feel the call to be able to talk about death in a natural way.
Throughout the course I will be sharing pearls of wisdom from my 17 years of telling stories professionally and working with art therapy and psychodrama in a variety of situations.
The course is planned to take place over a 4-week period. The material can be accessed at any time. Once a week there will be a virtual session via Zoom which will be recorded and uploaded onto the platform. The structure of the course allows for some degree of flexibility in the contents to meet the needs of the participants.
You will explore
- Different cultural attitudes to death
- A selection of stories from different cultures connected with death.
- How to tell a story in a confident way
- How to draw a storyboard
- How to lay out the story landscape
- How to prepare a life story of a person
- How to keep the memory of someone alive
- Making an object in honour of the person’s life
- Working with the 4 elements
- How to prepare a goodbye ritual
- Wisdom stories
- Story creation
- Life storytelling
- Techniques to remember and tell stories
- Death cleansing
- Art therapy
- Visualization exercises
- Goodbye, releasing ritual
- Next course starts on Friday the 11th June 2021.
- There are 4 live sessions via Zoom on the following dates: Fridays 11th, 18th, 25th June and the 2nd July
- Time: 16 - 18 (CEST)
- The live Zoom sessions will be recorded and will be available to the participants in this course.
- Supplementary material, including recordings of the stories will be posted on the platform
I’m a professional storyteller and I train people in the ancestral art of storytelling. I work with story medicine in private practice and as a group facilitator in unique workshops, weaving storytelling with my training in Art Therapy, Gestalt therapy, Psychodrama and Embodied Dance and Movement therapies. I also offer these online.
I have a degree in Biological Sciences and am part of the global network of Earth Storytellers. The rhythms of nature are very present in my work as I celebrate the Celtic wheel of the year and the lunar cycles. My creativity is inspired in the dawn of civilization, when we gathered around the fire to listen to myths of creation to connect us with our inner selves, our clan and the universe.
I am presently undergoing training in the ways of the Druids with OBOD (the Order of the Bards, Ovates & Druids). I am also training to be a funeral celebrant with River Jones in the School of Celebrancy
I am the founder of Story Arte, a centre for Art Therapy and Storytelling in the village where I live, in the foothills near Madrid.
Please visit my website for further information: www.storyarte.com